It was announced on November 16, 2015 that High Point Bank will be acquired by BNC Bankcorp, the holding company for the Bank of North Carolina. The transaction is expected to close in the second quarter of 2016. Press Release.
High Point Bank is rated by Bauer Financial as a Five-Star bank, a Superior rating, and the highest issued by Bauer. Ratings are derived from factors related to capitalization, profitability, regulatory compliance and asset quality. At the close of 2014, only five of the Triad’s top 15 community banks carry the superior five-star rating from Bauer Financial.
High Point Bank is ranked as the fourth-largest community bank with offices in the Triad, based upon deposits in June of 2015. A copy of the Bank’s most recent year-end balance sheet and income statement can be found within the pages of this abbreviated 2014 Annual Report.
- Founded in 1905 by local entrepreneurs, the bank has nine full-service branches plus a Commercial Office in both Greensboro and Winston-Salem. The newest full-service branch opened in Winston-Salem in September 2013.
- The Bank’s assets as of December 31, 2015 were in excess of $851 million.
- High Point Bank received statewide acclaim for choosing to not accept TARP (Troubled Asset Relief Program) funds in early 2009, unlike most other financial institutions.
- The Trust and Investment Advisors division offers trust and estate planning, investment management for individuals, businesses, and nonprofits as well as retirement services for the region’s companies and employees. It is the largest community bank trust department in North Carolina, with over $800 million in managed funds.
- HPB Insurance Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of the High Point Bank and Trust Company. The company is the sixth-largest independent insurance agency in the Triad, and has been in business for more than one hundred years. Its headquarters are located on Hartley Drive in High Point, with offices in Greensboro, Winston-Salem, and Kernersville.