High Point Bank has its roots in High Point but has expanded over the last decade by adding offices in Greensboro, Winston-Salem and Kernersville. But unlike other financial institutions, our ambitions don’t extend beyond the Triad. Community banks are founded to serve the communities in which they exist, and as the interdependence of the cities of the Triad has grown, High Point Bank has grown to serve the people of the region. We greatly value our role in the Triad—it’s where both our history and future lie.
While High Point Bank has changed over the years—adding new locations, offering technology-based tools to help you conveniently manage your finances—the one thing that hasn’t changed is our emphasis on the personal relationship. Doing the right thing for our customers has become a bit of a mantra among our employees, and this philosophy guides all that we do.
By getting to know our individual and business customers, we can better understand their needs and offer solutions that fit them. And in a world where a user name and password is often the most prevalent doorway into a bank, it’s still nice that you have the option to come in and meet face-to-face with a banker who has the expertise to serve you and the desire to make sure that your needs are met.
High Point Bank is rated by Bauer Financial as a Five-Star bank, a Superior rating, and the highest issued by Bauer. Ratings are derived from factors related to capitalization, profitability, regulatory compliance and asset quality. At the close of 2014, only five of the Triad’s top 15 community banks carry the superior five-star rating from Bauer Financial.
High Point Bank is ranked as the fifth-largest community bank with offices in the Triad, based upon deposits in June of 2014. A copy of the Bank’s year-end balance sheet and income statement can be found within the pages of this abbreviated 2014 Annual Report.
View our Management and Board.
- High Point Bank is a locally owned bank and operates solely within the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina. The Bank's stock is closely held, with a majority of shares owned by one family. However, some shares do trade publicly over the counter.
- Founded in 1905 by local entrepreneurs, the bank is still governed by a Board of Directors that have had successful entrepreneurial careers.
- High Point Bank has nine full-service branches plus a Commercial Office in both Greensboro and Winston-Salem. The newest full-service branch opened in Winston-Salem in September 2013.
- The Bank’s assets as of December 31, 2014 were in excess of $827 million.
- High Point Bank received statewide acclaim for choosing to not accept TARP (Troubled Asset Relief Program) funds in early 2009, unlike most other financial institutions.
- The Trust and Investment Advisors division offers trust and estate planning, investment management for individuals, businesses, and nonprofits as well as retirement services for the region’s companies and employees. It is the largest community bank trust department in North Carolina, with over $800 million in managed funds.
- HPB Insurance Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of the High Point Bank and Trust Company. The company is the sixth-largest independent insurance agency in the Triad, and has been in business for more than one hundred years. Its headquarters are located on Hartley Drive in High Point, with offices in Greensboro, Winston-Salem, and Kernersville.