In March 1905, a small group of local businessmen saw a need in High Point for a local bank that could help finance the many small companies that were starting in the small town. They soon organized the High Point Savings and Trust Company, selling shares of stock for $25 each. In six months they were ready to begin formal operations; the bank opened for business in September 1905.
High Point Savings and Trust Company grew rapidly along with High Point itself, as North Carolina furniture and textiles gained national prominence. In 1962 the High Point Savings and Trust Company officially changed its name to High Point Bank and Trust Company. In 1990 the corporation was reorganized and the bank became a wholly owned subsidiary of the High Point Bank Corporation.
Mark L. Williamson succeeded Charles L. Myers to become High Point Bank’s 10th president, in 2010. Other previous presidents include Fred W. Alexander, who served from 1959-1986, and Robert H. McInnis, who served from 1986-1989, and then as Chairman until his untimely death in February of 2002.
For more information on the long and successful history of High Point Bank, click here.